if you were not yet a guest here during that time, feel free to visit the place it began, the collection of words that emerged, and the word experiences of wondrous people.
today is the first of july, which in my mind launches the second half of the year. this occasion has inspired me to ponder the journey i have had with my word so far.
the word that i chose from the bag is ART, and it lives in a pile of rocks on the ledge of my loft...
it is visible to me every day as i am creating.
all of the other words live in a little tray nearby...
my word inspired me to post this quote above the pile of rocks...
here are a few ways ART has been manifesting in my life this year...
- my best friend benjamin and i started a weekly meeting called "the alchemy projects" which helps us support each other in bringing our art to life.
- i have started a new practice of planning and protecting regular studio time for creating my art.
- my recent discovery of a local artist inspired me immensely.
- i am currently taking photoshop and photography courses via lynda.com to add new artistic tools to my life.
- more than ever before, i am actually creating my ideas and translating my inspiration in to real live art on a regular basis.
i truly look forward to how my adventure with the word ART evolves through the rest of the year.
also, this curious innkeeper wants to know what the rest of the words are up to in their beautiful corners of the universe.
if you participated in the word project, i would adore hearing about any experience you have had with your word in the last six months. large or small, significant or subtle, once or repeatedly, anything at all that floats into your mind.