2.10.2011

danse macabre: danny elfman + tim burton

check out this amazing project...

it is an enormous box set of the entire span of work produced between danny elfman and tim burton over twenty-five years.

my friend, jeff bond (former editor of geek monthly magazine), wrote the book which accompanies the music.

it is described as an "exclusive, meticulously researched, lavishly illustrated 250+ hardcover book with a forward by johnny depp, as well as rare photos, stories, and interviews from the cast and crew, behind-the-scenes of this classic music — from the early days of Elfman’s band Oingo Boingo to the recent blockbuster film, Alice In Wonderland."

here is a short interview with jeff, danny, tim, and many other incredible collaborators...


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that is one intense collection!

P.S. Your comment about on my blog about being a "crickity creakity ol' woman" had me laughing out loud.

P.P.S. I WOULD HAVE NEVER GUESSED YOUR AGE IN A MILLION YEARS. I thought you were 25ish? Is that weird? Can I say that? Haha, it's meant to be a compliment. <3

diane said...

sarah...you laughing at my 'crickity creakity' comment made me laugh! :D

p.s. thank you for the compliment. xo

pigwidget said...

Such a great collection! I've been a fan of this duo for many, many years - they are such a great creative team. What an amazing anthology of works!

diane said...

beka*b...you are right! they are an incredible couple of artists who really compliment each other's aesthetic. this project was an enormous undertaking! so cool.