i love the smell of freshly roasted almonds in the winter, so today i made some...
crackling skins, warm buttery toasted aroma, salty crunch.
super cozy and delicious!
- buy raw almonds
- spread out on a baking sheet
- roast under the broiler and watch closely...almonds go from perfectly toasted to outrageously charred in mere moments
- remove from oven when almonds start crackling, smell toasted, and turn deep golden amber
- sprinkle with salt salt salt while warm...kosher if you have it
- allow to cool just slightly
- pour into ramekins or bowls
- serve warm