8.27.2011

{adventure} desert journey

this week has been wonderful madness.

school started on wednesday...a whole new year with thirty-three vivacious middle school kiddos ready to act their hearts out in my classroom.

i also spent every single day wildly scurrying around to pack my gear for a week in the desert.

in the morning, i launch for burning man...


in a few hours i begin my journey of desert beauty, incredible art, old and new friendships, dancing, exploration, dusty dust, meditation, fire fire fire, bike riding, parties, sunsets, mutant vehicles, yoga, and so very much more.

i am thoroughly excited to document the journey and share it with you when i return.

before i go, i must declare my profound gratitude to my tribe of friends. words are not in any way adequate to express all that my friends have done for me over the years, and especially in the last few weeks. i feel deeply thankful for the love of such amazing people.

i would also like to declare my adoration for you, dear guests! you inspire me to new heights. i am always thinking of you, constantly dreaming up ways to show you innkeeper creativity and love. thank you for all of your kind words and for being guests here at the inn.

with that, i bid you adieu for a week as i march forward into the desert sun. i shall see you in september with a head full of dust and a heart full of love.

xo

4 comments:

jackiebean said...

can't wait to hear about your adventures! maybe one day, i can join you. xoxo

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time!

ALFIE said...

traveling mercies. endless inspiration. fountains of rejuvenation. and all consuming peace to you on your journey, my friend. can't wait to hear all about it!

Mary said...

I was listening to the radio this morning about the burning man festival and it sounds really incredible. I'd never heard of it. I can't wait to hear your stories once you've returned.

Appreciating you, too.